Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program That Works
First published in 1995, Intuitive Eating has become the go-to book on rebuilding a healthy body image and making peace with food. We’ve all been there―angry with ourselves for overeating, for our lack of willpower, for failing at yet another diet. But the problem is not us; it’s that dieting, with its emphasis on rules and regulations, has stopped us from listening to our bodies. Written by two prominent nutritionists, Intuitive Eating will teach you:
• How to reject diet mentality forever
• How our three Eating Personalities define our eating difficulties
• How to find satisfaction in your eating • How to feel your feelings without using food
• How to honor hunger and feel fullness • How to follow the ten principles of “Intuitive Eating”,
• How to achieve a new and safe relationship with food and, ultimately, your body • How to raise an “intuitive eater”–NEW!
• The incredible science behind intuitive eating–NEW! This revised edition includes updates and expansions throughout, as well as two brand new chapters that will help readers integrate intuitive eating even more fully into their daily lives.
About the Author
Evelyn Tribole, M.S., R.D., is an award-winning registered dietitian with a nutrition counseling practice in Irvine, California, specializing in eating disorders. She is the author of the million-copy bestseller Healthy Homestyle Cooking. She was the nutrition expert for Good Morning America and was a national spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association for six years.
Elyse Resch, M.S., R.D., F.A.D.A., has been in private practice in Beverly Hills, California, as a nutrition therapist for over twenty years, specializing in eating disorders, Intuitive Eating, and preventative nutrition. A certified child and adolescent obesity expert, she is a fellow of the American Dietetic Association and is also on the advisory board of “Healthy Dining” publications.