The Truth About Weight and Health Workshop (Ragen Chastain)
There are a lot of beliefs, myths, and misconceptions that float around when it comes to the relationship between weight and health. In this workshop we’ll discuss them from science and social justice perspectives.
Topics will include:
- What the research says about weight and health
- Why do so many people, including doctors, say that weight loss will make you healthier? (And why are they wrong?)
- Common issues with the research around weight and health, and how to spot them
- How to discuss the research with skeptics
- Answers to the questions
- But what about fat people’s effect on my tax dollars?
- Can you be fat and healthy?
- Shouldn’t we treat fat people like we treat smokers?
- Does being fat cause health issues?