Using Activism As A Self-Care Practice Workshop (Ragen Chastain)
There’s a lot of work to be done in the world, in order to do that work we need to remain resilient and avoid burnout. Activism can create needed change, but it can also create overwhelm, especially when we’re fighting against our own oppression. In this workshop we’ll discuss philosophies and real world strategies to turn some of that work from draining and potentially harmful, into a self-care practice that supports us and helps protect us from the effects of oppression.
- Concepts/philosophies of self-care activism
- Techniques for low-risk activism
- Techniques for low-energy-consumption activism
- Strategies for dealing with trolls, sea lions, and other unpleasant creatures
- Strategies to use activism to increase resilience
- Combining activism and self-expression to create self-care