Image description: Lindley, a fat white woman, stands in front of a brick wall in a heart polka-dot dress. She’s holding a rainbow umbrella and smiling.
It’s always a pleasure to speak with Jodie Gale of the Psychosynthesis Centre — did you know we recorded a podcast episode together? — and today we’re talking about stock photos. In this text-based interview, we discuss:
- What are Health at Every Size® and body liberation?
- Why is it important to see diverse images online?
- What are stock photos, anyway?
- Why is it particularly important that therapists include size diverse images in their marketing materials and online content?
- Why is it crucial for therapists to be aware of their body privilege and how this might impact their clients?
- What advice do you have for therapists caught in diet culture and fat phobia, and who have the above concerns?